[kictanet] Mobile/banking and juicy recruitment bonus

Andrea Bohnstedt andrea.bohnstedt at ratio-magazine.com
Wed Oct 13 23:17:34 EAT 2010

Hey all,

Safaricom: You can't beat us, so join us - M-PESA/Barclays partnership:
http://www.ratio-magazine.com/201010133698/Corporate-Press-Releases/Kenya-Press-Releases-Barclays-Bank-Roll-Out-M-PESA-Services-with-Safaricom.html

Interesting because I remember the early days of M-PESA when there was
a lot of debate over whether there'd be competition or co-operation
between mobile money and conventional banking. It seems to me that the
trend is towards co-operation and integration. Interesting to watch.

Andrea

Looking for an ICT job? Looking to recruit? Check out
http://www.ratio-magazine.com/careers/index.php.
ICT and other business events:
http://www.ratio-magazine.com/businessevents/index.php

--