[kictanet] Out sourcing; where does Kenya stand

Edwin Onchari eonchari at lynxbits.com
Tue Oct 5 10:53:58 EAT 2010

Hi Gilda,

In order to attain a fraction of the employment numbers that we are
envisioning to be created by the sector by 2030, there definitely has to me
a multi-pronged approach to this, and marketing (in any sector) has always
been crucial. The industry leaders throughout the world have leveraged
operator & government/industry-bodies joint marketing strategies- and this
has in turn translated to work being sent to their countries.

The image that a single operations (a BPO) projects out there is that of
"lone ranger". No serious corporate is going to place work in a country that
only has 2-3 operators! Too risky for them, ask them and they will tell you
that. One of the very first questions that a client will ask is "how many
BPOs are in Kenya, and how many staff are employed in the sector and for how
many years". In a nutshell, if your operation had to cease to exist - who
else is in Kenya that is experienced enough to handle the work"?

Edwin

Sales without Customer Service........is like stuffing money into a pocket
full of holes.
DAVID TOOMA