[kictanet] Fw: AfriNIC elects a New Representative to the NRO-NC

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 10:26:30 EAT 2010

Hi Walu,

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 7:50 AM, Walubengo J <jwalu at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Jambo,
>
> Fiona (of the TESPOK fame) has a clinched new role after being elected at
> the AfriNIC meeting to sit on the NRO-NC. Forget the acronym because  in
> layman terms, it simply means she will be advising ICANN on things to do
> with IP numbering

I think we should take this opportunity to do some capacity building for
folk not familiar with the NRO.

nro.net says:

"Formed by the Regional Internet
Registries<http://nro.net/about/internet-registries.html>to formalise
their co-operative efforts, the NRO exists to protect the
unallocated Number Resource pool, to promote and protect the bottom-up
policy development process, and to act as a focal point for Internet
community input into the RIR system."

The NRO-NC is, for all intents and purposes the Address Supporting
Organization within ICANN.  They coordinate Global Policies regarding
Internet Numbering resources.  More can be found here:

http://nro.net/about/number-council.html

> ...I think that's great and she deserves a round of applause...

Indeed, as the Chair of the AfriNIC NomCom, I was very, very pleased to get
her nomination and to see her subsequently elected.

--
Cheers,

McTim