[kictanet] Independent Communications Commission ofKenya-Policy Process

Wamuyu Gatheru wamuyulearn at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 17 18:23:40 EAT 2010

Thank you. In terms of wider views, perhaps MP Rege could get an MPs workshop
together around this. This may not be ideal (because they may not make good
representatives of their constituents views on this matter) but it will be
better than having a purely expert led process.

Please note that on land, for example, the push is to have wide ranging
stakeholders, who were engaged in policy formulation, also participate in the
law making. This may go even further in having a few key stakeholders (e.g.
women farmers - the overwhelming majority of farm labour but who have been
historically disenfranchised) as members of the National Land Commission. This
is because the gender element is one of the major transformations in land reform
in the new era. I wonder what the key transformation for ICTs is and its
implications for CCK in the new era ...(thats what I meant by going beyond
simply implementing the Const.)

Looking forward to the process and all the best to you in leading this
transition.

regards,
Wamuyu