[kictanet] Yawe for Post Master General

Jane Kagiri kagirijane at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 14 22:33:17 EAT 2010

Hi Robert,

Thank you for a very well outlined vision.
How I wish the appointing authority would give you an opportunity.

Meanwhile,I choose to strongly disagree with Bwana PS in regard to the legacy
issues he raised.

Yawe's vision is comprised of income generating ideas e.g.Renting out banking
hall space, Advertising, Selling airtime etc,very minimal resources are required
and if anything the organisation would be assured of immediate returns.From the
vision I also see numerous job opportunities being created through Ecomerce and
the eventual door delivery of mail.

Listers, I draw inspiration from how Hon Michuki transformed the public
transport sector.
He used the same staff his predecessors had used,no retraining,no retrenchment
or work force overhaul;just a man who decided to bring sanity on the roads and
sanity he brought.
Similarly,it also took one man,same task force,same conditions,to undo all what
had been done by Hon Michuki at Ministry of Transport.
Again Hon Michuki moved to Min of Enviroment,we could have heard excuses of how
much resources were needed to clean Nairobi river........................again
the river got cleaned.

Personally I believe its all dependent on the person at the top.
Under our current situation I dont expect Yawe to immediately replace Maj Gen
Hussein Ali but the least I would have expected is in the meantime Yawe be
introduced to the Post Master General to share on how some of his ideas can be
implemented as we wait for the resource and legacy issues to get resolved.

Jane Kagiri
kagirijane at yahoo.com

Its impossible to build a tribute of success on a foundation of excuses.