[kictanet] Yawe for Post Master General

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 8 11:24:54 EAT 2010

Hi,

Postal Corporation owns a lot of prime land around the country where the various
post offices seat, by making the corporation dormant you increase the likelihood
of diverting the usage and even ownership of the properties.

As you mentioned PCK still makes a lot of money from postage services all you
need to do is visit the post office on saturday morning and see the volume of
people coming to pick their mail.  PCK is the ideal paypoint for utilities.

PCK has been sedated to allow other businesses to flourish, such as those inter
province courier services who when they cannot reach certain destinations cost
effectively result to using PCK.  Kenya Railways was crippled to allow truck
owners to ferry heavy goods from Mombasa to Malaba and beyond.  Changing the law
to allow 3 axles on trucks was the killer blow both for KR & our roads.  When
the new regime got control of KR aka RVR they revoked the 3 axle law
which instantly increased revenue to KR/RVR giving it a new lease of life.

It is easy to know which selfish interests benefit from the sedation of PCK,
with the coming of agency services for the banking sector PCK stands to become
relevant but only if the person at the helm can steer the organisation away from
the rocks.

Regards

A fish goes bad from the head down
 Robert Yawe