[kictanet] a decade of mobile revolution ---

Solomon Mburu Kamau solo.mburu at gmail.com
Mon May 24 19:49:51 EAT 2010

Quiet an interesting observation, MM.

I'm seeing the celebration where mobile phone companies will provide 'free'
calls within the network and 'affordable' calls to other networks in
celebration of 'making it here!'
I'm also foreseeing a situation where the telcos will share equipment, BTS
etc without pushing the costs to the common man.

On Corporate Social Responsibility, these companies will join hands to
promote a common problem affecting the society instead of the traditional
'lone ranger' approach they are applying today. By this I mean Safaricom,
Zain, Orange and YU will be sponsoring programmes together (the presence of
these companies will be felt through corporate sponsorship).

The companies will also be issuing joint statements on how they are running
their programmes/activities etc/

That, in my view, is how we can celebrate the 'big and transformed'
revolutionary boom!

On 24 May 2010 18:53, muriuki mureithi <mureithi at summitstrategies.co.ke>wrote:

> On 24/8/2000 Kencell  now Zain launched the first privately run cellular
> service and 21/10/2000   Safaricom under new management followed suit   and
> ushered a revolution in communications
>

> A decade of this revolution is just round – what is the big plan to
> celebrate  the big revolution ---
>

> Cheers
>
> MM

Solomon Mbũrũ Kamau

Man is a gregarious animal and enjoys agreement as cows will graze all the
same way to the side of a hill!

AND

It is better to die in dignity than in the ignomity of ambiguous generosity!

http://smiley2.wordpress.com
http://mburu.sikika.co.ke