[kictanet] Interesting read- Pakistan to block face book....

waudo siganga emailsignet at mailcan.com
Thu May 20 14:56:20 EAT 2010

McTim - Correct on the first point. However your implied relief at the
non-binding nature of the TA has an invalid premise as the TA (
Section35.a. which states "Policy authority for Internet-related public
policy issues is the sovereign right of States") was just stating an
obvious point and so the issue of binding is immaterial. It is like
stating "the sun rises in the East". Pakistan is able to do what it is
doing because the whole thing is intrinsically "binding" irrespective of
any formal pronouncements.
Kind Regards,
Waudo