[kictanet] Interesting read- Pakistan to block face book....

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Thu May 20 14:17:12 EAT 2010

Thank you Dr. Siganga, I fully support the position taken in the Tunis
agenda from a governance perspective , the issues of sovereignty
depends on the territory, we might not be well positioned to justify
the action taken by Pakistan though it might have its own merit.

My thoughts

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 1:10 PM, waudo siganga <emailsignet at mailcan.com> wrote:
> Hi Judy - The Facebook is blocked only in Pakistan. Ultimately elected
> Governments are responsible for application of national laws as well as the
> welfare and security of the people they Govern. Even the Tunis agenda stated
> clearly that public policy regarding the Internet is the responsibility of
> souvreign states. My point however was that some people mis-use the Internet
> in a way that others, including Governments, cannot ignore.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Waudo
>
> On Thu, 20 May 2010 13:13 +0300, "Judy Okite" <judyokite at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Waudo,
>
> does that justify blocking the whole face book????? I dont think So!!!
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 1:04 PM, waudo siganga <emailsignet at mailcan.com>
> wrote:
>
> Judy - The blocking could be justified. Some people are mis-using the
> Internet. Why should someone come up with an insensitive and unsettling idea
> of running a competition to draw caricutures of a religious figure?
>
> Kind Regards,
> Waudo
>
> On Thu, 20 May 2010 12:53 +0300, "Judy Okite" <judyokite at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Very radical move, I would say, but is it the right one?
>
> but why,block it until the 31st of May????
>
> can the internet be made to FORGET?????
>

> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100519/ap_on_hi_te/as_pakistan_facebook_12
>

> Kind Regards,
> --
> “To live is to choose. But to choose well, you must know who you are and
> what you stand for, where you want to go and why you want to get there.”
> Kofi Annan

> “To live is to choose. But to choose well, you must know who you are and
> what you stand for, where you want to go and why you want to get there.”
> Kofi Annan

Barrack O. Otieno
+41767892272
Skype: barrack.otieno