[kictanet] CCK cuts number portability fee for mobile user

Sam Gatere sam.gatere at gmail.com
Wed May 19 10:34:54 EAT 2010

Hi All,

MM thank you for a nice and simple breakdown on what to expect once MNP
(Mobile Number Portability) becomes operational. It appears to favour those
who are on pre pay services. Those on Post pay may face challenges due to
the contracts they may have signed (typically 1 year) will it be possible
for post pay customers to Port to any network?

>From reading the post earlier the ZAIN MD put across some interesting point
on dissimilar Money transfer services offered by the various carriers, will
CCK come to the rescue and ensure if one moves from network A where they had
registered for a money transfer service they will still be able to use it
once on Network B?

Or will the networks push their services on-line similar to how you can top
up your MPesa account from your bank using a certain short code number that
pops up a menu on your phone? Just wondering...

SammyG