[kictanet] A quick one-I need your expert views

james ratemo jratemo at gmail.com
Wed May 12 11:07:08 EAT 2010

Hi guys,

I am seeking your views that shall inform an article to appear on The
Standard soon.

Do you think Kenya is on the track as regards pushing ICTs to the rural
areas? Am thinking of Digital villages and such like projects

Is there anything to brag about Kenya's e-government initiatives? Cite
examples

What became of the Kenya's ICT centres of excellence and the mobile computer
labaratories?

Are NGOs out there reaping from ICTs? Please cite an example.

The governement has been talking a lot about shared services in government
through ICT. Are there tangible benefits so far or how far is the process?

Are cybercafes safe from technology onslaught? What do people go to do in
cybers of late with all the modems and wireless networks all over?

Disclaimer: I'll assume any comments I recieve are meant for publication
unless otherwise stated. Please indicate your name, preferred title and
organisation you represent.

Ahsanteni sana.

--
James Ratemo
ICT reporter,
Other Emaili-jratemo at standardmedia.co.ke or jamrats2001 at yahoo.com
Website:www.ictcradle.com.
Twitter accounts: Kenyacurrent and jratemo
Skype account:ratemoj

Who is rich? He that is content. Who is that? No one.