[kictanet] Invitation to become an IGF 2010 Resource Person

waudo siganga emailsignet at mailcan.com
Sun Mar 28 12:32:25 EAT 2010

Dear Colleagues following the IGF,

As you may know, the fifth annual Internet Governance Forum (IGF)
meeting will be held in Vilnius, Lithuania, on September 14-17, 2010
(ref. http://www.intgovforum.org/). The overall theme of the meeting is
"IGF 2010: Developing the Future Together", which was proposed at last
month's Geneva meeting by Kenya  and adopted from many other entries. A
new feature of this year’s IGF is that the IGF Secretariat will compile
a list of “resource persons”. As stated in the IGF 2010 program paper
(ref. http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/2010/ProgrammePaper.19.02.10.doc),
individuals who would like to be a resource person, either as part of a
workshop or a main session, are invited to register with the IGF
secretariat addressed to: rp at intgovforum.org. Organizers of workshops
and sessions who are looking for people to fill a slot on a panel or be
otherwise involved within their workshop proposals may access that list
maintained by the IGF Secretariat to find speakers and contributors for
their sessions. Having a substantive role in the meeting either as a
panelist in a main session or workshop is an advantage when accessing
possible travel funding.

Please note the deadline for expressing interest for registering as a
resource person: 30 April 2010. A number of other important deadlines
are also indicated at http://www.intgovforum.org. Finally, for your
diary, there will be 2 more open consultations in Geneva 10-11 May 2010
and 28-29 June 2010. I will inform details for remote participation
nearer the times.

Best regards,
Waudo