[kictanet] DSTV and Safaricom Mpesa

Benson Mbugua mbugz at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 16 16:58:24 EAT 2010

Hi,

Yesterday morning. I paid for DSTV using Mpesa paybill option to business number is 444900.
I got a confirmation of the received payment but when i got home I found that thee payment it still had not registered with DSTV.

After calling customer care, I was notified not to use Mpesa in the future to pay for DSTV as they will not be held liable for not receiving the payment as Mpesa or Safaricom is not an authorised agent ...or something...

Is there a problem on the safaricom end or on the DSTV end? and if there is , why does DSTV still have a registered business number that receives payment?

Answers anyone???

Ben