[kictanet] GAY HATING WEBSITE (HATING KENYAN GAYS)

Wainaina Mungai wainaina.mungai at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 01:15:02 EAT 2010

1. Since the recommended solution seems to be to "shut down" such channels
conveying "hate speech"; should I expect that we would also shut down the
offending vernacular FM radio stations in Kenya (re; 2007/8 PEV) whose
utterances/actions contributed to hundreds of thousands of Kenyans becoming
internal refugees after the 2007 elections? And we haven't counted the
thousands who died. When do we shut down the radio/TV stations??

2. A more important issue for Kenya is the emerging evidence that the hate
that tore this nation apart in 2007/8 is simmering in several provinces as
tribes acquire weapons in the event violence recurs.
*
*
WM

---