[kictanet] GAY HATING WEBSITE (HATING KENYAN GAYS)

Andrea Bohnstedt andrea.bohnstedt at ratio-magazine.com
Thu Mar 11 18:06:22 EAT 2010

Probably very little you can do. Although they have a nice little Facebook
group that you can troll.

Also, I'm a little more worried about the Nation Media Group publishing an
article by a cleric who describes and justifies mob violence as follows:
'The ire of the youth in Mombasa against a gay marriage is only too
comprehensible.
http://www.nation.co.ke/oped/Opinion/Nothing%20is%20African%20about%20gays%20/-/440808/874988/-/bomosmz/-/

Finally, I wonder if some hacker could be enticed to perhaps replace the
current posters with some posters for Gay Pride?

Andrea

On 11 March 2010 17:04, Odhiambo Washington <odhiambo at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 3:14 PM, Grace Bomu <nmutungu at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> The website below is promoting a hate culture at a time when the issue of
>> gays, personal laws in the Bill of rights/constitutional making is very hot.
>> Are we using media to promote bias like we did in 2007 and is there any
>> intervention that the Government or anyone can take? I appreciate that the
>> site is not registered in Kenya but the information is circulating in
>> Kenya....and it could be a forerunner to the kind of e-hate campaigns we
>> could see come another election/referendum.
>>

>> http://www.projectsee.com/
>> Domain Name: PROJECTSEE.COM <http://projectsee.com/>
>>   Registrar: GODADDY.COM <http://godaddy.com/>, INC.
>>   Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
>>   Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com
>>   Name Server: NS13.DOMAINCONTROL.COM <http://ns13.domaincontrol.com/>
>>   Name Server: NS14.DOMAINCONTROL.COM <http://ns14.domaincontrol.com/>
>>   Updated Date: 14-nov-2009
>>   Creation Date: 14-nov-2009
>>   Expiration Date: 14-nov-2010
>>

> I think this is allowed - as freedom of expression. Though freedom isn't
> absolute. I am a liberal so I don't hate gays and I don't hate lesbians, but
> there are those who do and who want to speak out, like the Church does and
> no one is saying the church is gonna be acted against by any law enforcers.
> There are so many sites like this one. Kenya has no capacity to act against
> it. China has:-)
>

> --
> Best regards,
> Odhiambo WASHINGTON,