[kictanet] the used computers debate

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 9 12:29:49 EAT 2010

Hi,

As I have said many a times before, no one ever died from using a previously owned computer, bring them in be it P1 or DuoCore what we need is to increase the number of computers out there not the value of each computer.

90% of people who carry a smartphone (e.g. blackberry or Palm) utilise less than 5% of the capabilities the same applies for the user of a DuoCore PC.  Lets stop being elitist least the masses behead us as befell Marie Antoinette (google for details).  Fine here is the link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let_them_eat_cake I only wish it would be as easy to find the meaning of kubafu.

A school will be more likely to leave a class 3 student unattended with a 3,500/- P1 than with a 45,000/- duocore computer.  Spread the computer around literally sore then like seed those that land on fertile ground will germinate and create great developers the rest, well thats a topic for another day.

Lets get back to basic"s", "hello world"

 Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor
P O Box 55806 Nairobi, 00200