[kictanet] German Court- and Constitutionality of DataRetention Laws

emmanuel.khisa at kadet.co.ke emmanuel.khisa at kadet.co.ke
Wed Mar 3 12:09:47 EAT 2010

Leonard/Waudo,

How ever is it possible to enforce data retention without infringing on privacy! Do we need to have choice even on matters of security.

Locally I know quite a few times when the mobile providers have helped track car jackers and robbers using the retained call logs.

My question therefore is how do we ensure that data is retained for appropriate use, do we turn them over to a central repository?

On a light note: Do thieves have a right to steal?

Rgds,

Oloo Khisa
Sent from my BlackBerry®