[kictanet] ICDL - I apologise

aki aki275 at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 31 22:39:25 EAT 2010

Solomon,

I can think of one scenario as interim solution, at least until some
act is passed criminalizing teaching of outdated technologies for
financial gain.

There has be to very agressive public awareness. This awareness can be
done by those in Authority on what it recommends as the minimum ICT
training levels necessary each year. Whether closed or open source,
the minimum standards need to be driven into public areas. A fitting
slogan would " Have you checked if your training courses are current?
If not, chances are your are being cheated! " The data for minimum
requirements needs to be published on the www, papers, media etc : The
data that establised minimum skill levels should be freely available.
The more informative the data is, the more educated decisions students
and parents can make.

I believe the marketing of study requirements will mean no one needs
to talk to any college about upgrading/changing their curriculm. They
will be forced to do the right thing along economic lines.

Sorry we just cannot have criminals running education facilites. This
has to stop.

Finally those who think education should be cheap are very right.
Unfortunately this is not happening worldwide and we are still paying
hefty amounts for e-education, depending on what sector you are in.
This is the reality.

My view.

Regards.