[kictanet] mobile tariffs?

Andrea Bohnstedt andrea.bohnstedt at ratio-magazine.com
Thu Jul 22 12:13:31 EAT 2010

Well.

The masses of Kenyan (retail) shareholders are probably pleased that the
company is keeping an eye on making money.

Also, by making money, Safaricom can do things like pay USD25m for a 3G
license rather than wait around for a couple of years and then get it at a
knock-off rate of USD10m after much complaining about the unfairness of it
all.

And last time I checked, anyone is free to pick up a Zain/Bharti line (or an
Orange line. Or a Yu line) and make those cheaper phone calls.

--
Andrea Bohnstedt
Publisher