[kictanet] Kenya IGF 2010, Discussions :Day 6 of 8 Theme:E-Crime, Online Privacy & Data Security.

wesley kirinya kiriinya2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 12 09:02:19 EAT 2010

 b) E-voting
1. A human being only has 10 finger prints which cannot be replaced. I think the public deserves to know how secure their finger prints are in the e-system.

2. Is Kenya's election problem really an identity problem? Those are problems where I would expect fingerprints to be captured. IMHO I think it's a problem of non-existing people voting by ballot boxes being tampered with. Technology can help with electronic capturing of the cast votes. I've not heard much about this. If the problem is not really identity but non-existing ppl voting, then stealing votes is still here with us...

8~)