[kictanet] Kenya IGF 2010 Mailing List Discussions Day 2 of 8 Theme : Infrastructure Issues - Impact of the Fibre Optic Cable IGF Mailing List Discussions

Solomon Mburu Kamau solo.mburu at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 16:32:10 EAT 2010

On 07/07/2010, Barrack Otieno <otieno.barrack at gmail.com> wrote:
> @ Solomon, what i meant is that we had gotten into a habit of conducting
> Feasibility studies and nothing was really happening, in actual sense i was
> commending the current leadership at Ministry of Infocom and the private
> sector for taking bold moves that have spurred the growth of the sector, i
> could be wrong though, it could be good to get other perspectives.

@Barrack,
On an earlier thread Victor said he had done some (pre?)fibre studies
which had shown some important relationships between the cables and
the various sectors such as BPOs.
(Maybe he can provide a PDF or a link to the study for our input)
With the government, their research papers are busy collecting dust
somewhere, yet they are to benefit the larger community.

I know we have a very hardworking PS in the Ministry of InfoCom and
I'm sure the various documents there can be availed for our
consumption, unless they are classified material!