[kictanet] Nairobi Super Highway Proposal

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jan 31 15:49:37 EAT 2010

Hi,

It was sad to read about the KQ pilot who was robbed on Uhuru Highway and later died from injuries inflicted by the thieves. This is an opportunity to kill many birds with one stone.

I want to make a proposal to all parties out there that we turn the entire mombasa rd, Uhuru Highway and Waiyaki way into a digital super highway. How you ask?

We have fiber optic cable laid along the length of the road from Athi River interchange to the Limuru Interchange.  Then install solar powered wifi equipment and web-cams atop the street lights and also on any building with a fibre node along the stretch.

The WiFi will turn the whole of the road into a hotspot which will enable tourists to use their WiFi enabled phones as they drive from & to the airport as well as business traveler and Yawe.  Through the link we can feed country specific information such as weather, animal sightings, culture etc.

In addition the links should enable the mounting of multimedia display boards along the road that can have content streamed to them remotely.

This two areas will provide the revenue for maintaining the infrastructure.

Traffic information can also be provided through the display boards to enable drivers decide if they want to remain in the jams especially when the president has been allowed out of statehouse.

With the webcams the police will have a better view of what is happening on the road and can fine errant drivers such as the matatus that obstruct at the Shell near DHL.  We can also connect the traffic light controllers to the police allowing the lights to be controlled remotely therefore leaving the extra traffic policemen to be redeployed.

I have provided this information with no non-disclosures anyone out there who can pick it and run with it is welcome to do so.  If you feel you would like to invite me to participate please feel free to do so.

"don't hide your light under a bushel"

Regards

Robert Yawe

KAY System Technologies Ltd