[kictanet] Broadband my foot

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jan 31 14:07:59 EAT 2010

Hi,

I notice the 3G discussion has come to an abrupt end, as usually, but I feel I need to share my frustration with all the GSM providers.

I live in South C but frustratingly I can only use my phone (Safaricom, Orange GSM & Orange CDMA) from a particular corner of the house, if this is the service available in Nairobi how much worse is the condition outside the City.

Many of you raised concerns about the 3G license issue and I said this should not be the issue, CCK needs to enforce service delivery levels for the GSM providers.

I am forced to carry 4 modems with me if I am to get any miningful work done when I am at home as the providers services are erratic.  As I write this the Orange Internet Nowhere service is offline.

My Safaricom bambanet working but only working at edge speed, it normally would not work at all but I found a solution by purchasing an external high gain antennae.  The other providers modems unfortunately do not have a facility for plugging in an external arial.

CCK can you please do your work of monitoring the network operators performance, if you cannot monitor this in Nairobi how will you be able to do it nationally.  Maybe we should devolve CCK.

Regards

Robert Yawe

KAY System Technologies Ltd

Phoenix House, 6th Floor