[kictanet] Weekly unlimited internet connectivity

Harry Delano harry at comtelsys.co.ke
Sun Jan 31 08:37:33 EAT 2010

Thank you , for the response..

Regards,
Harry

  _____

From: Michael Joseph [mailto:MJoseph at Safaricom.co.ke]
Sent: Saturday, January 30, 2010 11:48 PM
To: harry at comtelsys.co.ke
Cc: KICTAnet ICT Policy Discussions
Subject: Re: [kictanet] Weekly unlimited internet connectivity

There was a Teams cable problem today which caused the congestion. It was resolved around 3

Regards
Michael Joseph
CEO Safaricom

Sent from my iPhone

On 30 Jan 2010, at 20:56, "Harry Delano" <harry at comtelsys.co.ke> wrote:

Evans,

I'm not so sure here, whether the congestion is on the Bandwidth pool
supplied, or the network
is overwhelmed by the numerous connections due to increased demand - really
difficult questions
to answer, hopefully we will get some explanation on this. Anyone from
Safaricom, online...?

However, for a start it is a good thing to see such a positive response to
the market and we
can only hope that this is a trend that will continue in the days to come.

Again,I believe this would be the ideal time for a service provider to
poll/collect internal data
On the increased usage patterns,and carry out an extensive analysis on the
same. For instance, how
many of the increased connections are new users..? Is the content
downloaded/uploaded Local content,
or external content in nature..? What times is usage at it's heaviest - etc,
etc.

The upshot of this, from anyone's guess is - make it cheaper for the mass
market, and you will
have your volumes go up.

Just a thought..

Harry