[kictanet] The end of Open Source as we Know it?National Position or National Opinion

Harry Delano harry at comtelsys.co.ke
Fri Jan 29 20:16:59 EAT 2010

Nnenna,

I would be for one, be interested to know what position the OSS stakeholders
presented at
the consultative forum... , and as you raised the issue of MYSQL, what
became of it..?

Clearly, from most blogs am seeing, it's mostly the OSS community who are
raising 'hue and
cry' over this acquisition that threatens the very basic tenets on which
this platform was
built, and none of the 'seemingly' reassuring overtures by Oracle over the
future of MYSQL
seems to assuage anyone, me included..

Pse update..

Harry