[kictanet] [ke-internetusers] JKIA-Lack of wireless internet

Mwangi Wamae mwangi.wamae at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 17:30:46 EAT 2010

Wesley/Waudo:

If our local press was to be believed we have had WiFi at JKIA since 2004
provided by Ericonet (who are they?) -- "Kenya becomes the second country
Africa to have hotspots at its international airports."  "Speaking during
the launch July 6 [2004], KAA managing director George Muhoho said, "This
the first step to making our airports world- class.""

I recall reading this article, I can't find the original on the East
African's website (are they embarrassed about their old reports so they take
them down?) but thankfully the Mars group has a copy
here<http://www.marsgroupkenya.org/multimedia/?StoryID=70369&storydate=2004-07-19&page=2>
.

Waudo ask your friend what happened to this contract that they loudly touted
6 years ago.  What happened?  Did they deliver?  Were they paid?  We as a
country are always procuring, when do we get vendors to deliver?

-Mw

Here's a copy of the article:

THE JOMO Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA) has become the first airport