[kictanet] ICT Park Talk - IFC Hired?

Evans Ikua ikua at lpakenya.org
Wed Jan 27 18:21:23 EAT 2010

I just took a look at the short presentation, and am sure that its
edited, according to what I have read on this list. One thing captured
my attention. I see that the IFC has been hired to carry out the
feasibility study. Assuming that this refers to the International
Monetary Fund, I would like to draw your attention to a couple of
articles that have appeared in the Daily Nation today and a few days
ago.

Jaindi Kisero seems to know a few things about the IFC that we dont.
He deeply believes that the IFC was overpaid for the Railways
consultancy, which they bungled, as we can all see. This may be tied
to the fact they were financing part of the deal.

Assuming that they are also here to finance Malili, and yet get away
with Millions of Dollars in consultancy, is this really the right way
of getting ourselves in debt? Are these guys the best that we can get?
Will we really get value for money? Will the project fail after
Billions of our cash have been poured?

Just thinking out loud.

--
Evans Ikua