[kictanet] The broadband mess in Kenya - and I’m so angry

Eric Aligula jairah at KIPPRA.OR.KE
Wed Jan 27 11:59:26 EAT 2010

It’s called regulatory capture!

Eric Aligula Magolo, PhD
Programmes Coordinator & Ag. Head, Infrastructure and Economic Services Division
Kenya Institute for Public Policy Research and Analysis (KIPPRA)
P.O. Box 56445, 00200 Nairobi, Kenya
Telephone:       +254-20-2719933/4
Fax:                +254-20-2719951
E-mail:            jairah at kippra.or.ke <mailto:jairah at kippra.or.ke>

Proudly Kenyan
“In the long history of the world, only a few generations have been granted the role of defending freedom in its hour of maximum danger. I do not shrink from this responsibility……….I welcome it.”
John F. Kennedy
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke
"Far better to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory, nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt
"Ex Africa semper aliquid novi"