[kictanet] M-PESA upgrade to allow direct money transaction from the phonebook

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 27 10:07:30 EAT 2010

Hi,

I run an mpesa agency and safaricom had indicated that this feature would be available mid last year, maybe now with stiff competition their response to market requests will be much faster.

Kenyans with our peculiar habits will soon become the only cashless society in the world, and someone still calls us a 3rd world underdeveloped country, I am surely proud to be Kenyan.

Now if only safaricom and the other mobile money transfer companies can realise that mpesa is not a micro payment system but a fully fledged payment system.  Its time they removed the transaction limits as the fear of money laundering is mediocre.  Peculiar Kenyans launder their money by breeding goats.

It is also my wish that the corruption by their mpesa field staff can be brought under control, it is getting to epidemic levels and seems to be getting institutionalized.

Regards

Robert Yawe

KAY System Technologies Ltd

Phoenix House, 6th Floor