[kictanet] New Regulations & the Media: Broadcasting Regulations

Jotham Kilimo Mwale jokilimo at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 22 11:35:53 EAT 2010

David,

My point in quoting you was to show that whereas the government does invite media to give input (hence doing the right thing by consulting), the media have not been responding in good faith, perceiving every move to be 'draconian' and out to 'gag' them. This (gagging) is the lie peddled to the public to influence their opinion against the regulations and government, making the media look like the victim of unilateral government rules.

Unfortunately, in my opinion, it will not work this time.

regards,

Jotham K. Mwale