[kictanet] NEW ICT REGULATIONS ON MEDIA

Alex Owiti alex.owiti at cio.co.ke
Wed Jan 20 16:21:10 EAT 2010

I would like to state categorically that as much as the media regulations
are controversial as claimed there is need to treat the matter with
sobriety. There are two sides of the coin and just a government system
-there is need for checks and balances. As much as the media is the
government's watchdog it should be true to its role of exposing unethical
values in the society instead of resonating to the same string of decaying
our society with an immoral programs that corrupt our young generations'
minds. One thing I can never stoop low to, is to support the media on crying
for censorship of programs that will bring them profit at the expense of
upbringing  a morally upright society. There can be other debatable issues
in the draft including censorship of government's inappropriate actions,
cross media ownership, subsidizing one business with another but till Christ
comes back morals, values and culture are pillars for country that is
heading to the right direction of success.

Alex Owiti