[kictanet] Fare the well or google

Nnenna Nwakanma nnenna at nnenna.org
Fri Jan 15 12:16:02 EAT 2010

> But Robert - the principle behind this issue is the curbing of freedom of
> expression, and the further discovery of surveillance on private citizen
> emails.
> Do you encourage our government to go in this direction?

If the Chinese government frustrates Google out, has it built the
capacity of local companies?  Can they compete in the global market?
Will they better their services?

Muzzling citizens may kick out competitors but  pretty soon, it will
be the companies themselves that will have government on their backs.

Nnenna

--
Nnenna Nwakanma
Director, nnenna.org