[kictanet] ICT TV Station

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 13 16:23:35 EAT 2010

Hi,

Now that the country has gone digital broadcast and there are additional free frequencies its time we considered a dedicated technology channel.

In the interim we can also take advantage of the operationalised Media Bill that requires that all content on the airwaves must contain 60% local content which means that the media houses will soon be shopping for locally produced programming.

Therefore if we produced a local show covering ICT issues we should be able to have a mouth piece for the industry.  In addition sessions like the one on the ICTPark by Dr. Ndemo could have been easily aired live and therefore reach all without the need for them to travel.

Lets think about this.

Regards

Robert Yawe

KAY System Technologies Ltd