[kictanet] My 2cts: ICT Parks

Wainaina Mungai wainaina at madeinkenya.org
Tue Jan 5 13:39:41 EAT 2010

I second the need for a clean break from Nairobi. A new
city....somewhere between Nairobi & Mombasa. How does Mtitu Andei
sound?....start the infrastructure from scratch

*Lots of cheap land
*Petroleum pipeline
*Available power
*Proximity to Mombasa seaport & airport
*Proximity to Nairobi & JKIA
*Mutually reinforcing with The Tsavo (tourism)
*Less prone to "watu wetu" politics of PNU&ODM (''Nairobi'' vs. Nyanza
vs. Rift Valley etc)
*Virgin territory ready for a "Dubai" idealistic set-up.

Other ICT parks would come up elsewhere....nyanza, central rift etc..

Any takers?
Wainaina