[kictanet] @ 2010 ICT Hall of Fame

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 10:14:13 EAT 2010

Distinguished listers Ladies and Gentlemen Happy New Year !

I woke up this morning singing the National Anthem and i want to imagine it
will be a great year for this Nation, in particular the words "May we dwell
in Unity Peace and Liberty", really tickled my consience.
That aside, i attended last years annual ICT awards organised by the
Computer Society of Kenya, during the function , the ICT hall of fame was
introduced and Messrs George Okado, Engineer James Rege, Njeri Rionge and
the Late Dr Juma Aketch were honored, however i noticed a number of eminent
persons in the ICT sector and listers were absent for whatever reasons and
as a result this brethren (Permit me to use this terminology because of my
faith) were not given due recognition. On another note i saw Mr Atwoli
making a declaration on TV that some athletes should be given state
commendation and it happened, i was surprised because there are men and
women who have transformed this nation through technology and have inspired
many yet they have not received this state commendation, i need correction
if i am wrong.
My request is that by the end of this year we need to see names like Michael
Joseph MBS, Njeri Rinoge MBS, George Okado, Alex Gakuru, Dr Ndemo, Walu if
this means collecting one million signatures then we should start now. this
will inspire many Kenyans who are still in school. Let us put aside all
sectarian interests an unite in celebrating our very own achievers as
opposed to doing them as sideshows which makes the events look ordinary

Blessings

--
Barrack O. Otieno
Administrative Manager