[kictanet] [ke-internetusers] lessons, snippets, from the visit by the Singaporeans

Paul Kukubo pkukubo at ict.go.ke
Wed Feb 10 21:18:56 EAT 2010

Dear listers

lessons, snippets, from the visit by the
Singaporeans<http://www.paulkukubo.com/?p=179>

On behalf of the Kenya ICT Board I would like to thank those invited guests
who made it to the Breakfast Presentation by the Singapore IDA International
team. I have captured what I consider the gist of that presentation on my
blog http://www.paulkukubo.com (which also updates my Facebook notes page).

The actual presentation will only be up on the ICT Board website Friday
morning once the Singapore team has made additions to it when the get back
home. Otherwise visit, www.ida.gov.sg.

Singapore provides an interesting benchmark for all nations when it comes to
technology for better citizens services by government. Key to note is the
'whole-of-government' approach, 'many agencies, one government' strategy
with an emphasis on delighting the customer (citizen, resident). For example
it takes 2 hours to register a company and start trading with a single
license.

Government spending has also helped develop the industry cluster of high end
technology service firms comprising big name multinationals, local firms and
combinations of both.

Thank you

Paul Kukubo
Chief Executive Officer, Kenya ICT Board
PO Box 27150 - 00100
Nairobi, Kenya

12th Floor, Teleposta Towers Koinange Street

Tel +254 20 2089061, +254 20 2211960

Fax: +254 20 2211962
Cell: + 254 735 180001

website: www.ict.go.ke
skype: kukubopaul
googletalk: pkukubo
Vision: Kenya becomes a top ten global ICT hub

Mission: To champion and actively enable Kenya to adopt and exploit ICT,
through promotion of partnerships, investments and infrastructure growth for
socio economic enrichment
Sent from Nairobi, Kenya