[kictanet] Vandalism menace

Evans J. Nyagah ejnyagah at Telkom.co.ke
Wed Feb 10 09:20:10 EAT 2010

Some time back I indicated that vanadalism happens everywhere in the
world, Silicon valley cables were cut late last year. Sabotage happens
in Kenya only, let's introduce the concept of shared service ofcourse
within a controlled framework.

BR
EJ

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 9, 2010, at 8:42 PM, "Harry Delano" <harry at comtelsys.co.ke>
wrote:

> Now,
>
> If the statistics we are hearing, and the so-called "confessions"
> are to go by, then am afraid the debate here is on the
> wrong footing...
>
> If 95% of the cuts, are the service providers themselves,
> sabotouring/sabotaging (one should do) each other, then I
> think these bright chaps have an answer to this urgent problem.
> Infact they should stop dragging us into all this
> debate. I suppose we should demand they come around the table, agree
> on how to work together, and move forward
> without any further delay.
>
> You see, in fact one way of shielding against this, is jointly all
> of them using one duct, to pipe out the cable so that
> no one would know which cable to sabotage/saboteur ( again one
> should do)
>
> Esther, to answer your question. KPLC could be a much safer, option.
> Some 'live' current flowing nearby, could be
> too close for comfort for any saboteur.
>
> Unless he/she is on a suicide mission.
>
> Harry

Scanned by MailMarshal - Marshal's comprehensive email content security solution.
Download a free evaluation of MailMarshal at www.marshal.com