[kictanet] NAIROBI MOTORISTS ALERT

Solomon Mburu Kamau solo.mburu at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 16:16:49 EAT 2010

I also the same on another online forum. Apparently, it's somewhere in
the States. Some clever person inserted Nairobi, to make it relevant
and closer to home.

On 05/02/2010, Wainaina Mungai <wainaina at madeinkenya.org> wrote:
> Dorcas,
>

> Thanks but here's a version that someone may have picked up from the
> internet and edited for Nairobi:
>
> Wainaina
>
> ""
> *DON'T FLASH HEADLIGHTS AT ANY CAR WITH NO LIGHTS ON!!*
>
> * *
>
> * Police officers working with the DARE program have issued this Warning:*
>
> * *
>
>  If you are driving after dark and see and on-coming car with no headlights
> on,**
>
> *  DO NOT FLASH YOUR LIGHTS AT THEM!*
>
> * *
>
>   This is a common Bloods member "initiation game" that goes like this:
>

> The new gang member under initiation drives along with no headlights, and
> the first car to flash their headlights at him is now his "target.".     He
> is now required to turn around and chase that car, then  shoot and kill
> every individual in the vehicle in order to complete his initiation
> requirements. Police Depts across the nation are  being warned. Their intent
> is to have all the “*new bloods* nationwide drive around on Friday and
> Saturday nights with their headlights off.
>

> In  order to be accepted into the gang, they have to shoot and kill all
> individuals in the first auto that does a courtesy flash to warn them that
> their lights are
>
> off.   Make sure you share this information with all the drivers in your
>
> family!
>

> *Please forward this message to all your friends and family members to
> inform them about this initiation ritual*
> "
>

> On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 12:49 PM, Dorcas Muthoni <dmuthoni at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> *I have received this alert, can anyone verify if it is from the Police.
>> It refers to **(4&5 Feb 2010)*
>> *
>>
>> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Subject:* NAIROBI MOTORISTS ALERT
>>
>> *KINDLY CIRCULATE THIS POLICE ALERT TO AS MANY DRIVERS IN NAIROBI AS
>> POSSIBLE*
>>
>> *Police are warning of a gang initiation that is to take place on the
>> roads of Nairobi, indications are that this will be on Thursday & Friday
>> night.*
>>
>> *The initiates are to drive after dark with their headlamps off in the
>> company of other gang members, they are to shoot dead everyone in the
>> first
>> car that flashes them to alert them that their headlamps are off. After
>> successfully accomplishing the task the will be recruited into the gang.*
>>
>> *Kindly alert all motorist and stay off the road if possible in as much as
>> the police are doing everything to stop them the safety of all cannot be
>> guaranteed.*

Solomon Mbũrũ Kamau
P.O. Box 19343 - 00202 Nairobi
Cell: (+254-0) 735 431041

Man is a gregarious animal and enjoys agreement as cows will graze all
the same way to the side of a hill!

AND

It is better to die in dignity than in the ignomity of ambiguous generosity!

http://dawn-in-kenya.blogspot.com
http://smiley2.wordpress.com
http://mburu.sikika.co.ke