[kictanet] Getting a hold on cybercrime against women (cyber pests!)

muriuki mureithi mureithi at summitstrategies.co.ke
Wed Feb 3 19:43:26 EAT 2010

Hi Emmanuel

Just a glimpse of the literature review data
-- 'Self reports to WHOA between 2000 -2008 indicates that the   cyber
stalkers are   predominantly men representing 49.5% while women cyber
stalkers were significant at 28.5%. Thus, women are a significant
contributor to cyber stalking. The victim is clearly the women, 72.5% of the
victims were women while men victims accounted for 22% of the cases'
.	In 71% of the cases, the cyber stalking did not result in offline
threats.  Nevertheless the 29%  offline threats is significant representing
one in three cases
The woman is overwhelmingly the victim both by men and  sometimes other
women! That's  the motivation for the study

Cheers
MM