[kictanet] Safaricom partners with KPLC to expand itsdatafootprint

Harry Delano harry at comtelsys.co.ke
Tue Feb 2 19:20:42 EAT 2010

I trust this can only mean good progress, for the industry.

I have a few questions though. Does the Fibre cable run side by side with the power lines..?

What might be the future of  Broadband over power line (BPL) distribution, in this country, following this latest development..?

Does KPLC's run a Fibre infrastructure to Mombasa on it's grid?

Arguably, most outages are being experienced by service providers on this route, and they are losing lot's of revenue in the process...

I suppose KPLC's would be a secure connection anywhere, since the risk of  "electrocution" will simply fend off any would-be vandal.

Or am I thinking too aloud.

Harry
  _____