[kictanet] Christmas

muriuki mureithi mureithi at summitstrategies.co.ke
Fri Dec 24 09:29:41 EAT 2010

Thanks Dr Ndemo

2010 was a defining moment in  a number of ways that shook the ground  and
forced the actors to review their game plan  . For  some, it was a sea
change which called for radical change or else the day of reckoning is near
.  it was not business as usual - growth in numbers was  no longer  the
focus but revenue generation . from a supplier-centric market , 2010
heralded the consumer focus with   back-end infrastructure   no longer a
differentiator but candidate for   outsourcing. On  the whole, Kenya ICT
fraternity took  global leadership  with innovation  of products and
services and growth .  Kenya recorded  the fastest growth of broadband
recording a whopping 173% , our MPESA and generally MMT became the standard
bearer and our own entrepreneurs took global leadership  -remember Mr James
Waibochi  with the Nokia award, Kenya hosting ICANN early in the year,
Airtel  honoured Kenya as regional base for its African operations, took
leadership in migration to the digital broadcasting .  At the national
level, we mainstreamed ICT to become a key  instrument in  driving up
economic growth------  .
In short we are at the tipping point  ---- courtesy of your  foresight and
vision .

We still have work to do in 2011, we need to severely test whether vertical
integration  is tenable  as it whittles the space for SMEs and check the
stiff competition  that is  pushing  out the rural access agenda ----

Listers were always on hand to offer incisive and positive suggestions  to
steady the trajectory if ICT development . Congratulations

cheers  and wishing you  a merry xmas and great 2011

Muriuki Mureithi

What can u do to promote world peace? Go home and love your  family. -Mother
Teresa