[kictanet] Sharing the airwaves: can Kenya’s 4G partnership work?

Francis Hook francis.hook at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 09:55:41 EAT 2010

Hi Walu,
If I may throw in my two bits.  If the 3rd party is organised as a
consortium (and not a new licencee per se), like Eassy/TEAMs, with everyone
having a stake and therefore able to protect their interests, THEN this
could work.   Much like having KIXP - well that may not be the best example
but I think it could work within the right framework.  I think it also
furthers the spirit of competition by allowing even the smaller operators a
chance to innovate and add value where big operators fall short of being
intimate and responsive to customer needs. We have constantly heard about
customer service issues mainly with the big operators (i.e. too big to offer
personalised attention).

Francis Hook
+254 733 504561