[kictanet] Safaricom data bundles

Linda Muka LMuka at Safaricom.co.ke
Fri Dec 17 13:31:15 EAT 2010

Hi Grace,

We do appreciate your feedback & suggestions. We are indeed looking into
a customer friendly presentation of data usage and shall share this with
our customers once it is available.

Regards,
Linda

-----Original Message-----
From: kictanet-bounces+lmuka=safaricom.co.ke at lists.kictanet.or.ke
[mailto:kictanet-bounces+lmuka=safaricom.co.ke at lists.kictanet.or.ke] On
Behalf Of Grace Mutung'u (Bomu)
Sent: Friday, December 17, 2010 10:36 AM
To: Linda Muka
Cc: Rita Okuthe; Pauline Warui; KICTAnet ICT Policy Discussions
Subject: Re: [kictanet] Safaricom data bundles

While improving this service, is it possible to give customers access
to their data usage history?
I recently had my 200mb 'disappear' in a night and when I called
Safaricom I was referred to a person in IT who read out my data usage
history on that phone call. When I asked him to email it, he said that
it is not possible at the moment as this is considered confidential
info. He offered to show me the history though, if I went to their
offices. Problem is I was out of town and pressed for time.
Anyway, is there a way Safaricom can give users  convenient access to
their usage history? This would really improve the service!
Best,

2010/12/17, Bob Collymore <BCollymore at safaricom.co.ke>:
> Robert,
>
> Thanks for bringing these two issues to my attention, they are both
very
> good points for which I'll ask the team to find solutions.
Unfortunately,
> we're unlikely to find such as solution in time to save your weekend
but
> I'll commit to saving future weekends.
>
> Regards
>
> Bob
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On 17 Dec 2010, at 08:18, "robert yawe" <robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> I am like many of you a peculiar Kenyan in that I can quickly find 10
new
>> ways to use a product that the provider/manufacture could never have
>> though about.
>>
>> When Safaricom introduced the monthly data bundles I quickly took
>> advantage of the service to roll out remote data capture terminals as
>> had a new that the 999/- unlimited monthly bundle would meet my
>> requirements without any problems and at a predictable cost.
>>
>> So after rolling out the device somewhere in the middle of nowhere,
its a
>> security device so I will not give you the GPS coordinates, where no
man
>> need go again.  I loaded the initial 999/- and off went the device,
little
>> did I know that the place that no man needed to go would need to be
>> visited at least once a month.
>>
>> Why, because safaricom's unlimited monthly bundle cannot be purchased
>> remotely, one needs to physically get to the sim card, my device is
credit
>> card sized and runs some proprietary software.  I appreciate the fact
that
>> I am doing with the service what Safaricom did not think could or
even
>> would be done.
>>
>> I have talked to the customer service persons, they are now more
script
>> driven than before, and all I got was ". . the 450 service cannot be
>> activated from another line, please put the sim card in a phone and
send a
>> sms message to 450 with the bundle size, thank you for calling
Safaricom
>> and have a good day".
>>
>> This what I had asked for in a call centre operator but suddenly my
needs
>> have now surpassed the standard script can Safaricom please implement
an
>> escalation procedure in the script so that when peculiar Kenyans like
>> myself call with peculiar requirements we can get assistance.
>>
>> For now there goes my weekend as I need to travel to the top of a
hill
>> somewhere in Kenya, report to the local police station to avoid being
shot
>> down, climb up a 12 meter mast, remove a sim card, insert it into my
>> phone, send an sms to 450, remove the sim card, place it back into
the
>> device, climb down the mast then drive back to Nairobi.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Robert Yawe
>> KAY System Technologies Ltd
>> Phoenix House, 6th Floor
>> P O Box 55806 Nairobi, 00200
>> Kenya
>>
>> Tel: +254722511225, +254202010696

http://lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/options/kictanet/bcollymore%40safari
com.co.ke

#############
> NOTE:
> All emails sent from Safaricom Limited are subject to Safaricom's
Email

--
Grace L.N. Mutung'u (Bomu)
Kenya