[kictanet] Kenic seems to be down

Joe Kiragu kiragu at kenic.or.ke
Wed Dec 8 21:53:20 EAT 2010

Yawe,

It takes a maximum of 30 Minutes for KENIC to publish the domain once
tit has been activated.
(KENIC Publishing Cycle Runs every 30 Minutes)

Propagation to other  DNS servers may take up to 6 Hrs depending on
the domains Name server and your  ISP caching server settings.

Normally Registrars do not forward renewal request to KENIC,
With the new Registry System registrar activate the renewal from their
portal interface.

Your registrar will update your domain details on the .KE Whois
database so that you can start receiving renewals.
Copy KENIC when sending this request for followup.

Looks like your registrar has not renewed your domain yet.

Regards,
Joe Kiragu
Administrative Manager
Kenya Network Information Centre (KENIC)
"Where the internet begins in Kenya"
kiragu at kenic.or.ke