[kictanet] Safaricom Attitude - Consumer Issues

Muchiri Nyaggah muchiri at semacraft.com
Mon Aug 23 22:49:15 EAT 2010

Hi Edith,

What a sad and unfortunate experience. Mr Joseph has a rare opportunity. The
opportunity to leave a legacy of great customer service and positive brand
sentiment in the face of aggressive competition. What Ms Bernice displayed
today is an organizational culture (positive in itself) where the staff own
the brand to the extent of taking competition personally. That in itself is
hard to do. Even harder to do is maintain civility and great service when
the public you are dealing with are obviously inclined to the competition.
CCK may not have the power to force telcos to be civil so Safaricom doesn't
have to be nice to consumers.

Such a culture is obviously counter-productive. A sincere apology would be
good business sense but a more sustainable approach would be an internal
education campaign to re-align the organisation to its primary objectives so
that their staff respond to customers not to the competition.

Kind regards,

Muchiri Nyaggah

Director

@muchiri