[kictanet] The New Kenya - Teachers Online

Wamuyu Gatheru wamuyulearn at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 18 21:53:27 EAT 2010

I think we have a reason to celebrate that represents tangible investments made
possible by ending our quarrel with each other (i.e new Constitution)

The Safaricom-Equity Bank-Microsoft partnership to provide computers to teachers
is in my view a landmark event. I hope the teaching material is made available
as software already programmed in and not requiring one to be logged on. This
should make it accessible without exhorbitant cost that may be beyond the budget
of a public school teacher. This is a great product innovation that should help
teachers, across the country, emerge digitally and by extention
their students. I hope that the civil servants who are still in the dark ages
also take advantage of this offer.

This accompanied with hopefully sustainable Zain prices illustrate the real
gains of investor confidence as a result of stable politics.

regards, Wamuyu