[kictanet] EAIGF 2010

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 18:23:11 EAT 2010

Thanks Dr. Siganga, i cant wait to participate remotely in this years
EAIGF, i am sure we could take it a notch higher, bravo to last years
organisers, i think the sky is the limit this year. I will be
compiling my thoughts and i am ready to share should a discussion on
the subject begin.

Thank you

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 5:15 PM, waudo siganga <emailsignet at mailcan.com> wrote:
> Hi Barack - I know you are seated in the control room of global IG in
> Geneva so your thoughts must be taken seriously! I am forwading to the
> EAIGF planning list.
>
> Waudo
>
> On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 17:05 +0200, "Barrack Otieno"
> <otieno.barrack at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Listers,
>>
>> I have just been reviewing EuroDIG 2010 and i thought we can borrow
>> some ideas to make EAIGF a great event this year. Last year i noted
>> that participation of the youth was not that high and i suppose we
>> could encourage more young people to participate in this years event
>> since they are an important constituency in so far as Internet
>> Governance issues are concerned.
>> On another note, we could improve on the East African Internet
>> Governance Portal by making it more interactive similar, to
>> http://www.eurodig.org. We need not rope in as many youth on various
>> lists within East Africa to participate in this important ICT4D event
>> since they represent the future of the region.
>> We could introduce exciting topics such as Social Networking, Internet
>> Governance in light of the EAC protocol...i am just stirring your
>> thoughs as i think aloud we have great thinktanks across the region,
>> lets support the organisers to make this event great.
>>
>> I welcome ideas on this subject..
>>
>> Thank you

Barrack O. Otieno
+41767892272