[kictanet] Access Kenya ONLY from Kenya?

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 23:43:33 EAT 2010

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 11:03 PM, Ms. Muthoni Masinde
<muthoni at uonbi.ac.ke>wrote:

> Liko,
> I agree with you; MS was not the issue but apparently many service
> providers find it a challenge to handle MS solutions.  The Ms. SQL Server
> for example is a hard nut for them to crack.
>
> Moving to another ISP? Eventually the client will have to move; the
> unfortunate thing is that the client just moved to Access Kenya after
> getting frustrated by yet another Kenyan ISP.
>
> Thank you for your two cents.
>
> Muthoni

Hello Muthoni,

Why don't you pay for a co-lo, and tell the ISP to leave the security of
your server to you? Once they give you the public IP, you can then secure
the server yourself, and control access the way you want? As long as you can
sign off this, I have a feeling any ISP should not bar you from doing
anything. I could be wrong, but I hope I am not.
I think most people fear MS coz of the closedness (let me create that new
word for lack of a better one now). MS is run in corporates, I think.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,