[kictanet] Google Statistics on Government Censorship Requests

Nnenna Nwakanma nnenna at nnenna.org
Fri Apr 23 11:34:02 EAT 2010

>> mmhhh...talk of technology controlling society.
>
> I can't parse this one, sorry.

  I got wind of this in a tweet. Someone tweeted the link as "watch
Google watching governments watch Google watching you"

But my question is why no data exits from African governments.  It
certainly is NOT because there is not content out there that is
offensive to us!

Recently, our attention was called to a blog of guy named Harris
Kupperman.  adventuresincapitalism.com

This fellow had written not just lies about Abidjan and Côte d'Ivoire,
but was giving this as professional investment advice.  So we hyped up
a campaign, among individuals.  The blog was posted midnight April 7th
and by the next day, the blog was off! I think he got more than his
fair share of citizen activists giving him a backlash.  I have posted
my reply and his reply below.