[kictanet] cyber security

ikua at lpakenya.org ikua at lpakenya.org
Mon Apr 19 09:04:43 EAT 2010

Dr Ndemo,
The policy document that you floated here was well noted, inasmuch as
it's still in the very basic draft form. I would like to point out
that there is a growing number of InfoSec professionals in Kenya. On
10th of this month, the first ever CISSP exam was conducted in Kenya,
hosted by K-90 on behalf of ISC2. 12 candidates sat the 6 hour exam, 1
each being from UG, TZ and Ethiopia.
There is also the It security technical committee at KEBS which is
discussing security standards. So there will not be a shortage of
skill when discussions begin.
Ikua

Quoting bitange at jambo.co.ke: